We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual
Production Supervisor – Afternoon Shift
The organization is a leader in the industry, with a 40 year history as a respected manufacturer. Reporting to Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible to lead a production team in meeting production targets, as well as assuring the proper functioning of the production process and the team. This position interacts with the Operations Manager for day-to-day direction, training and achieving production targets. The role supervises and interacts with all of their assigned employees, lead-hands and cell leaders. This position is critical to the well-functioning and efficiency of the areas they supervise, and its employee’s safety. This position is in charge of all the workflow and employees of its assigned area. It is responsible for any disciplinary issues, performance management, vacations and time off, etc.
- Managing production staff and processes in a manner that delivers labour cost per unit targets.
- Managing production staff to ensure all quality standards are met
- Managing production schedules as directed
- Managing health and safety compliance and goals
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are thoroughly investigated and that all investigation documentation, modified job offers, and back to work agreements are properly managed.
- Ensuring all production numbers are kept track of, and filling daily reports; recording any discrepancies and variances; having all needed information ready for the next morning production meeting; attending morning production meeting
- Working with maintenance to address issues as soon as possible when dealing with breakdowns
- Responsible to assist Lead hands with scheduling issues and troubleshoot everyday problems
- Resolve issues with employees that do not meet production targets
- Hold regular team meetings to communicate team initiatives
- Manage active employees files in coordination with HR
- Work on controlling cost and minimize the amount of scrap or waste from production
- Approving the payroll reports as well as exception slips; Coordinate and approve vacations
- Coordinating employee transfers and filling appropriate paperwork
- Communicating any needed info to day supervisor
- Focusing on continuous improvement; maximizing productivity while reducing waste and inefficiencies with machines and people processes
- Leading, coaching, supporting, motivating, recognizing and Supervising employees in their work by going around the department many times per day and dealing with people issues and/or bringing up any significant issues to the immediate attention to the VP of Manufacturing and/or Human Resources
- Hiring employees when required; interviewing and selecting employees
- Keeping track of absences and dealing resolving attendance issues
- Reporting any significant people or labour relations issues to Operations manager.
- Ensuring all of the department’s employees maintain a clean and safe work area
- Responsible for sustaining the 5s requirements
- Performing all other duties assigned
Qualifications and experience:
- Having Experience as laborer and sheet metal worker and having direct experience in the divisions would be a definite asset
- Being proven leader and having ability to lead and motivate a team of employees; having 3-5 years’ experience as shop/floor supervisor or lead-hand including 5S, corrective actions and lean manufacturing.
- Having a proactive approach towards work and towards continuous improvement
- Having high level of prioritizing, job/task planning and organizing abilities
- Having strong multi-tasking, decision-making and critical thinking abilities
- Being able to tolerate some level of stress and to deal with fast pace and high and/or changing work/products demands
- Having good ability and knowledge of computers and technology
- Having demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices
- Being able to function well in a team environment and having Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a material requirement planning system would be an asset
- Experience using an ERP system (Oracle)
- Excellent problem solving abilities
The typical working conditions of this job include:
- Working in manufacturing environment (Noise, temperature variations, powered equipment, etc.)
- Working with continuous deadlines, multiple demands, and interruptions
- Wearing required personal protective equipment (Safety Glasses, steel toe footwear and hearing protection)
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to Don Park Manufacturing Inc., please forward your resume in MS Word or PDF only, to Human Resources via the form below.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.