We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual
Don Park Manufacturing is a leader in the industry, with a 40 year history as a respected manufacturer. The organization sells and manufactures hvac sheet metal parts. Our product sells based on a model of best in class customer service, always in stock and fastest delivery. Most orders including custom are delivered in less than 20 hours.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the primary responsibility for the Production Planner is to prepare, plan and release production plans, dispatch reports, capacity plans and requisitions to ensure the timely supply of products and material to both internal and external customers. Organize and execute daily plan for all Purchase Orders to ship with acceptable fill rates in a timely manner.
- Production planning including preparing and adjusting production schedules based on forecast, level load, inventory and customer demands
- Prepare short list reports and assist Production Supervisors to plan for daily/weekly production
- Prepare Manning Priority Report and audit Production compliance as needed.
- Prepare fill rate reports; Monitor reports daily for fill rates and ship dates including internal orders
- Review customer requirements with customer service. Utilize those requirements as a guideline for production planning dates.
- Communicate production or supply issues immediately to Director of Operations, Manager of Purchasing, and customer service for resolution.
- Assist inventory team with inventory questions, cycle counts and inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinate with all support roles including corporate Planning department, purchasing, inventory control, production, quality, and shipping to support the goal of 100% on-time delivery.
- Processing of MRO and engineering requisitions
- Releasing demands to suppliers and co-ordinating with outside support services
- Train in other aspects of the business as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skill required.
- Ability to solve problems and analyze data.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, requiring intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and LEAN principles an asset.
- Strong research and creative thinking skills
Exercising Judgement/Impacts of decisions/consequence of error:
- Decisions made by the Production Planner affect employees and the Company; therefore, making consistent decisions is very important. Errors will cause customer and employee dissatisfaction, which could in turn cause low moral for the employees, reduce production and lost sales.
The typical working conditions of this job include:
- Working with continuous deadlines, multiple demands, and interruptions
- Traditional office environment. Occasional exposure to traditional manufacturing areas, which require the use of personal protective equipment.
- May need to sit or stand as needed. Reaching above shoulder heights, or below the waist. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally may include lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
Don Park Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.